Lauren Kay from the Knot, recently shared the top 10 wedding trends for 2017 on the Today show and we are all over them! Here are some of our favorites:
- Metallic Dresses: It’s about time wedding dresses got some extra sparkle with shiny, sparkly metallic gowns. A shimmery dress makes for a bold, yet sophisticated wedding look.
- Ice breaker guests games: Think outside the box to get the party started. Crossword puzzles or trivial pursuit about the couple will get the guests guessing. If your cocktail hour is outside, opt for croquet or a giant chess set.
- Colorful Glassware: A pop of color through you glassware is a unique way to make your tablescape standout.
- Go Gold: Use gold in unexpected places, like on stones for name cards at a rustic wedding or gold tableware at a more elegant affair.
- Translucent cakes: The naked cake trend is getting an upgrade for 2017. So what’s the difference? Instead of no frosting at all, translucent cakes have a thin veil of it with just a little bit of cake coming through.
To see all the trends and the full article The Knot 2017